2 Day Reef – Passions of Paradise, Rainforest & Culture Tour from Cairns
Day 1 – Passions of Paradise (Departs Daily except Christmas Day)
Your Day Includes:
- 2 unique reef destinations. Michaelmas Cay – an unspoilt coral cay, where you can relax on the beach and Paradise Reef – exclusive mooring
- A stylish, fast and modern sailing catamaran with air-conditioned saloon and plenty of deck space
- High quality masks, snorkels and fin
- FREE tuition for those new to snorkelling
- FREE flotation vests
- FREE guided snorkel tour
- FREE 10 minute in-water introduction to SCUBA skills
- Morning tea – freshly brewed tea and coffee with a side of mini muffins, served on arrival to the boat
- A diverse tropical buffet of hot & cold selections including prawns and tropical fruit
- Afternoon tea and cheese platter
- Great Barrier Reef with Passions of Paradise
- Cold drinks and souvenirs available for purchase
- An on board Marine Naturalist presentation on coral and bird life
- Reef Levy included
- Air-conditioned return transfers from Cairn City – $15 per person and Northern Beaches – $22 per person. Must be booked in advance.
- Glass bottom boat tour
- Hire of wetsuits, sunsuits, underwater cameras, and prescription masks
- Diving options available
Click to enlarge images
Day 2: Daintree Dreaming Day Tour (Departs Mon-Wed-Fri-Sun)
2 hour coastal and mangrove walk with Kuku Yalanji Cultural Habitat Tours
Today you will be collected from your accommodation and travel to Cooya Beach north of Port Douglas and meet with the Kubirri Warra brothers, who follow the traditions of their ancestors. This special place is a traditional fishing ground of the Kuku Yalanji. It’s a unique coastal environment comprised of three diverse ecosystems – beach, mangroves and coastal reef – that are connected to each other by the every changing mud-flats and tidal lagoons. The brothers teach guests how to throw a spear and demonstrate how to search and hunt for fish, mud crabs and mussels. Learn about bush tucker and medicines before enjoying home made damper on the balcony of the family’s home while tasting your catch of the day.
Welcome to Country Ceremony at Mossman Gorge
You are welcomed with a traditional ‘smoking’ ceremony. This ceremony is conducted by Aboriginal people with specialised cultural knowledge to welcome people to their land. It is a ceremony of spiritual cleansing, to ward off evil spirits and to ensure that while you are on the traditional land of Kuku Yalanji people, you are accepted and honoured.
Nestled in the World Heritage Listed Daintree Rainforest, Mossman Gorge contains the oldest, continuously surviving rainforest on earth. Experience this pristine natural wonder with a guided rainforest walk led by Adventure North’s qualified guide, who will unlock the secrets of this fascinating ecosystem. You will see strange primitive plants and there is time for a swim in this magical rainforest environment, so don’t forget your swimmers!
Optional Extra – An opportunity for visitors to Mossman Gorge are the Ngadiku Dreamtime Walks, conducted by the local Indigenous guides.
Ngadiku (Nar-di-gul) means stories and legends from a long time ago in local Kuku Yalanji language. You are welcomed with a traditional ‘smoking’ ceremony that cleanses and wards off bad spirits. The walk then meanders through stunning rainforest and takes in traditional huts or humpies. Your experienced, interpretive Indigenous guide will demonstrate traditional plant use, identify bush food sources and provide an enchanting narrative of the rainforest and their special relationship with this unique tropical environment. Your guide will demonstrate traditions like making bush soaps and ochre painting. At the end of the tour, enjoy traditional bush tea and damper.
Click to enlarge images